12.07.2011

A Festive Flop

This past weekend, I convinced Chase that we needed to do some sort of festive family activity on Sunday afternoon. We headed to the Old Town Clovis area where I thought there were horse and carriage rides, along with an ice skating rink, lots of decorations and a big Christmas tree lot. Sounds pretty fun right?

What we found were no horses, a big piece of plastic that two people were "skating" on, a very disheveled looking Santa and your basic Christmas tree lot filled with carnies running a few sad rides. Boo. Not exactly the festive activity I was hoping for.

They did have a Giant Slide which Chase and I each took a turn taking Sophie down and then snagged a picture in Santa's chair without him and hightailed it out of there. We turned the day around with a yummy lunch at Dog House Grill where Sophie stole bites of my tri tip sandwich and helped Chase cheer on the Patriots. We finished the afternoon at the park and my festive mood was restored.











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS