8.02.2012

Oh Sh*t

This morning, Sophie locked herself in the bathroom. I knew it could happen. I figured it would at some point, but just not quite this soon. Not that long ago, I was telling Chase how thankful I was that we had round door knobs throughout our house instead of the handle style because Sophie can't quite get a good grip on them yet. "We better be careful though because she might start messing with the locks," I warned him. Looks like I should have listened to my own warning.

When I first realized that she had locked it, I though maybe I could talk her into unlocking. She hadn't done it on purpose or out of defiance (those days will come, I know) but had just been fiddling with the handle. I gave up on that after a couple of minutes. I was surprisingly calm because we were talking the whole time so I knew she was fine and she seemed to think it was a funny game. I now know that I could have bent a wire hanger and poked it through the little hole on my side of the door knob and popped it right open but the best thing I could think of doing at the time was just grabbing a screwdriver and taking the knob off.

As it started to take a little too long to unscrew, Sophie started crying and I started to panic. The door knob fell off on her side and I think fell on her foot (more tears) and then it still took a lot of prying to get that latch to pop. Thankfully I got it open and we both survived the ordeal. I'm sure it will happen again, but at least now I know the quick way to fix it!

Not too nervous yet, so I paused to take a picture
Door knob is off but I still can't get it unlocked!





She's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS