2.08.2012

Sacrifices

We all have to make sacrifices as parents. Some are big and some are small. I may not always, or very often at all, get to wash and blow dry my hair these days. I may not wear dry clean only sweaters very often knowing they won't last longer than one wearing. I may not get as much sleep as I would like because I stay up late doing all the little things I couldn't get done during the day. You know, important stuff like Pinterest and blogging.

Some sacrifices are really more like compromises. Like in the morning, when Sophie wants to feed herself her yogurt, I just as often as not let her do it. I could sit by her side and carefully spoon feed her each bite, avoiding the mess all together but that's not what she wants. And who wants to start the morning with a battle? So even though I know she will end up looking like this, it gives me a few extra minutes to clean up the breakfast dishes, or more realistically, the dinner dishes leftover from last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS