9.26.2011

Who Needs A Bilibo?

Have you ever heard of the bilibo? Apparently, it is supposed to foster imagination becuase it doesn't "impose a specific play pattern." That's according to its website. It's a chair! It's a turtle shell! It's anything your child wants it to be! I think I saw it on a few blogs and maybe even on one of the national morning shows a couple of months ago and I just don't get it. I think imagination toys are awesome but couldn't a bowl or really any other piece of rounded plastic do the same thing? But what do I know? I didn't understand Sophie the Giraffe until I saw how obsessed my Sophie became with it.

I had completely forgotten about the bilibo, but when Sophie decided that her Bumbo was a great toy, it looked sort of familiar. Once perfect for holding her floppy little body up as seen here, the Bumbo chair had pretty much been tossed aside. Until yesterday when she decided it was fascinating. She sat in it backwards, climbed onto it and used it as a step stool to reach higher on the wall.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS