3.09.2011

Welcome to the Jungle

This is the exactly the sort of product that I swore I would never buy when I was pregnant. I carefully registered for tasteful, neutral colored car seats, bouncy seats, highchairs and swings.  I picked out things in beige, grey and cute calming patterns.

How silly I was! I learned my first lesson when Sophie hated her first swing. It was so cute, all grey and yellow and looked sweet in my living room. The darn thing only went front to back though and hardly any doo dads dangling from it. After reading tons of reviews on Diapers.com,  I caved and I ordered the Fisher Price My Little Lamb Dreamy Motions Cradle Swing. Even the name annoyed me! The colors weren't bad though and thanks to Diapers.com's overnight shipping, I had it within 24 hours and could finally put Sophie down for a few minutes to check my email or make some lunch. It was also a lifesaver when she was sick and it was the only place she could peacefully sleep because it kept her slightly inclined.

So as Sophie started getting bored of laying on her back all the time, the sweet little Pottery Barn play mat just wasn't going to cut it anymore. I started to look around for what the next baby contraption would be. My friend Jessica has this Evenflo exersaucer and highly recommended it. She says Wyatt loves it. It has everything I hate. It's brightly colored, jungle themed, and makes tons of noises! Again, it got great reviews on Diapers.com so I shopped around a little, found it cheaper on Amazon.com and two days later its sitting in my office and is a huge hit!

So I've learned my lesson. Its not about me and what I like, its all about Sophie!




1 comment:

  1. LOL! I am glad you caved because now you too can be startled when a dog runs by it and bumps it so the lizard starts to sing haha. I hope she loves it as much as Wyatt still does!!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS