9.20.2012

Zippy Do Dah (Sophie at 23 Months)

Again, I'm a little behind this month but I was determined not to let 23 months pass me by without a recap. Since I have not been very good about keeping up with an actual baby book for Sophie, this blog has sort of taken its place. I love to look back at old posts to see exactly when milestones happened and what my sweet girl looked like even just a few short months ago.

Sophie started a dance class at the Little Gym this month and it has been just precious to watch her in there. The class is called "Jazzy Beasts" because her age group is considered "beasts." Kind of appropriate considering their behavior some days. When we started going to the little gym over a year ago, she was a "bird." This class consists of about 15-20 minutes of ballet, in real ballet slippers of course, and then the next half hour is spent in the regular gym room. Its a perfect mix since the teacher can only hold their attention for that amount of time and then they get to run around like the crazy fools they are and burn off energy climbing, running and swinging in the gym. In the ballet portion, her favorite part is the tippy toe walk across the floor and staring at herself in the giant wall of mirrors!

In the last month, Sophie's imagination and creative play has really blossomed. She continues to be obsessed with her little Disney characters and I can't tell you how many times that little bag of figurines has saved me at restaurants, airports, doctors offices or anywhere else where she would normally get bored quickly. She's playing on her own so well, having full conversations with her figurines and teaching her babies things every day. She's loving playing with her toys so much these days that its actually becoming hard to leave the house. She tells me "No Sophie go" and then runs off and hides. Just last week, she told me that she was feeding her rocking horse. She was using food from her play fridge but told me the horse wanted carrots. I figured I was going to have to go into the kitchen to get some real carrots but instead she walked over to the couch and told me "I find carrots" and pretended to "pick" carrots and feed them to the horse. It gave me a little glimpse into big girl play.

Some of my favorite Sophie phrases right now:

Zippy Do Dah - this is how she requests we zip things up for her. I think at some point when trying to zip her into her pajamas I must have said Zippity Do Dah and it stuck with her. Now she asks me to zippy do dah her bag of girlies and confused Chase the other day when she asked him to zippy do dah a tent at REI

Ay Gonan/Ay Doonan - going and doing sound like gonan and doonan in Sophie language. All day long she likes to ask me "Ay gonan Momma?" which is "Where are we going Momma?" or "Ay doonan Momma" which is "What are you doing Momma?" I'm not sure why the words where and why get replaced with "ay" in those sentences but it cracks me up. "What dat?" is another popular phrase around here.

I Hug Her - Next month, when Sophie turns two, we will be taking her to Disneyland for her birthday. I'm so excited for it and so is she. We've been talking it up for a while now and she likes to tell me every day who she is going to hug when we get there. "Cinderella there Momma?" she will say, and then when I tell her yes, she says she wants to hug her. We go through the whole list of princesses and who will get hugs every day.

One of my other very favorite things right now is watching Sophie develop little friendships. As we go on play dates, its so sweet to see her light up when she sees her friends and to come home talking about them. Hours or even days later she will tell me that she had fun with whichever friend we were just with and it just melts my heart.

Just a few more weeks and we will have a two year old!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS